Are you visiting Durango for the first time? Or are you an experienced, Durango pro looking for your next big adventure? Either way, you’re sure to find something on this list you’ve never tried before!
- Jump off a waterfall – Sound crazy? We promise you’ll have a blast! If you’re visiting Durango in the summer, you can’t miss the unbelievable views and the refreshing mountain water that cascades over these falls. Check out our list of local waterfalls here.
- Go snowshoeing – People still do that? Absolutely! Snowshoeing is a great way to experience Durango’s majestic mountains, especially after a particularly snowy season. Read more about our favorite ‘shoeing spots and get some helpful hints here.
- Experience whitewater rafting – Yes, it lives up to the hype! Durango’s Animas River is world-renowned for its rapids and the countless expert-level river guides that’ll make your first whitewater rafting trip one for the books. Here are our recommendations for local rafting companies.
- Try snowmobiling – You’ll be telling your friends about this for years! If flying across the pristine, white snow in the Rocky Mountains sounds fun to you, you have to try snowmobiling in Durango. Choose from a variety of tours to make this the perfect winter outing.
- Take a ride on one of the last remaining steam engines – This train is the quintessential Durango experience. The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad has been in business since 1882 and is Durango’s most iconic piece of history. You’ll love taking in the mountains and valleys from the train’s open-air car and seeing history come to life. In case you need more convincing, check this out.
Come Stay with Us at Durango Colorado Vacations!
Make your getaway to Durango a success by staying in the best lodging in Colorado! Durango Colorado Vacations offers luxurious penthouses, villas, lofts, cabins, and apartments all throughout this gorgeous area. Each property is fully equipped with the finest amenities and features, such as fireplaces, hot tubs, outdoor decks, BBQ grills and more. They all are located within a short distance of exciting Durango attractions, both outdoor and indoor. Don’t miss your chance to have the greatest vacation ever; check our availability and book one of our fantastic rentals today!