Bringing your dog on vacation with you to Durango just adds to the fun! Durango is a very dog friendly town – with miles of river trail for walking and a dog park right on the Animas River to meet the local hounds. Many merchants put out bowls of clean water in the front of their store and also offer dog treats to pooches walking by.
Durango Colorado Vacations offers several vacation rentals that would be perfect for you, your family, and your furry friend. With a few easy tips and a little preplanning, traveling with your dog can be a fun experience for both of you. Bringing your dog also alleviates the worry of not knowing what’s happening with your dog while you’re gone.
Here are some travel tips for bringing Fido with you on your travels to Durango.
- Before hitting the road, make sure your dog is well exercised.
- Bring your dog’s favorite stuffed toys or blanket.
- Always carry extra water for your dog.
- Bring your dog’s normal dishes and bowls.
- Bags for clean up your doggies business.
- Where is your dog going to sleep? Bring his dog bed.
- Most dogs love water. Bring plenty of towels to dry him off after a dip in the Animas River.
- Bring plenty of Fido’s regular food. You can’t be guaranteed to find his particular brand out of your hometown.
- Make sure your dog is wearing his identification tags, and make sure the tag has your cell phone on it, not your home phone.
Dogs love new sights, smells, and sounds of new places. Upon arrival, make sure your dog has a chance to explore right away after being cooped up in the car. Also, don’t be afraid to bring you dog with you as you explore our wonderful town. Many of our local restaurants also welcome well behaved dogs on their patios.
Bringing your dog on a dog vacation can be a great experience for the whole family to enjoy. Taking the time to prepare and find the perfect vacation rental along with packing the basic necessities for your dog before you go will help in making ta fun and memorable trip for everyone.